The Shows & Editorial team is looking for an Editor to join their Bogotá team reporting to the Senior Editor based in Bogotá.
The Editor will be responsible for the development and promotion of culturally relevant, topical programming:
What you’ll do
- Identify and substantiate playlist hypotheses for the Andean Region with a strong emphasis in Perú (i.e., the perfect music for a night out dancing to Salsa, the best Chicha playlist to chill with friends, or a selection of Andean meditation tracks).
- Curate, analyze and maintain a large number of playlists in a variety of genres for a variety of audiences, moods, and moments.
- Analyze consumption metrics and performance indicators of your own work.
- Create and execute programming/promotional strategies based on performance indicators.
- Present and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets.
- Work closely with the global MC&E teams as well as other cross-functional teams, to progress towards various content objectives.
- Above all, your work will impact the way the Andean Region audience experiences music.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- You are knowledgeable of the music industry and music trends across Perú and Latin America.
- You have a wide and versatile scope in music genres with a special focus on popular local music: Salsa, Urban Latin, Pop, Cumbia, EDM, Indie, Rock, etc.
- You have experience in music programming/curation and in the music/entertainment industry.
- You’re able to demonstrate a deep understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan.
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
- You possess the ability to comprehend and productively respond to analytics.
- You have a strong propensity to take initiative and absolutely thrive on change.
- You have the ability to excel in individual work as well as with cross-functional, worldwide initiatives toward mutual objectives.
- You will work from our office in Bogotá.
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
- You possess a business level of written and spoken English and Spanish
Please attach your CV in English. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.