At Spotify, we want to help millions of people discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 60 markets with 100M+ users, and growing fast. We are looking for an outstanding Director Telco Partnerships that will focus specifically on developing and negotiating impactful strategic partnerships with the key Telecom/ISP’s in North America. You will be responsible for establishing high-level relationships with Telecom/ISP partners, and evolving the relationships that we already have.
Spotify’s Global Telco Partnerships Team develops strategic relationships with partners to distribute and promote our service and discover new business lines. You’ll help shape and launch these partnerships, by working with both external and internal stakeholders, including the rest of the business development team, operations, marketing, ad sales, analytics, product, finance, and legal.
What you’ll do
- Develop new strategic partnerships with Telco/ISP’s in North America
- Secure interest internally and externally from constituents, which includes developing business cases, articulating market opportunity and tradeoffs, and clarifying resource requirements
- Cultivate trust with some of our largest partners in order to uncover new opportunities
- Analyze existing partnerships and make recommendations for ways to improve activations
- Identify opportunities to transfer learnings to internal colleagues
- Help to shape our partnership strategy
Who you are
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically, quantitatively and creatively when breaking down complex business issues
- Product sensibility – e.g. you’ve previously worked with product teams or in a product role
- 7-10 years of business development/partnership experience (ideally, in digital and/or traditional media and entertainment)
- Demonstrated track record of self-motivated performance and perseverance – you stay motivated for the long term win
- Team player who can listen to other viewpoints and argue your own (with backup) internally
- High level of comfort interfacing with all levels of management (externally and internally)
- Communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes without formal authority
- Experience and understanding working across different cultures – a truly global company
- Willingness to get hands dirty on the nitty gritty aspects of partnerships
- Based in NYC, willing to travel
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.