Spotify Internal Audit (IA) is looking for a Director of Technology Internal Audit to help develop and execute our IA tech strategy. The Spotify IA team owns the SOX internal controls framework and supports other risk management and compliance efforts across Spotify.
We are looking for a highly qualified and technically proficient leader who will work across our global organization to identify technology risks and help manage their impact on the organization. This role’s scope covers all technology areas at Spotify such as enterprise IT, revenue engineering, content engineering, and the technology platform. You will be expected to stay updated on Spotify’s business and technology strategy and development roadmaps to ensure that IA is engaged where it counts. You’re a good fit for this role if you are effective in agile, fast-moving organizations and thrive in collaborative and international team environments.
This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden and reports to the Senior Director and Head of Internal Audit. Some travel will be required.
What you’ll do
- Develop the strategic direction for the Internal Audit Technology pillar
- Participate in an enterprise risk assessment and assist with the annual Internal Audit plan, taking direction from the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, and Senior Management
- Effectively integrate with the business/finance internal auditors to align and collaborate on the audit scope, work execution, and reporting
- Coordinate with other risk management functions (e.g. Legal, Data Protection Office and Information Security) to support regulatory projects such as GDPR and PCI
- Lead the technology components of our SOX internal controls framework, including identification of controls and remediation of gaps from the assessment process. You’ll also work closely with our external auditors.
- Manage a team of international Internal Audit Technology professionals, demonstrate outstanding leadership skills, and provide ongoing coaching and sharing of experience
- Collaborate with functional leads and provide thought leadership and risk and compliance support as changes in business, process and technology happen regularly and at a fast pace. You’ll also influence major decisions and drive strategies to mitigate technology risk across Spotify.
- Promote thought leadership for new ideas and new ways of working to drive continuous improvements in the team’s delivery of internal audit services. Monitor industry and regulatory (SEC, PCAOB) developments and develop recommendations for policy, process, technology and internal control improvements.
- Participate in the development and execution of a data analytics strategy in our Internal Audit work.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor degree with major in Business Administration, Finance, computer science, MIS, or an equivalent education. Big 4 experience is a strong merit.
- You have significant IT internal audit experience and/or professional services assurance experience and a strong knowledge of internal control principles (e.g. COSO)
- You have significant experience working with SOX control frameworks, especially from technology companies.
- CIA or CISA/CRISC/CGEIT preferred
- Experience with NetSuite and/or other similar cloud ERP is a plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies and data analytical tools like ACL and Tableau is strongly preferred
- Experience working with multinational organizations is required; experience working with a SEC FPI is a plus
- Last but not least, you’re an inspirational leader who loves to build and develop your team. You’re positive, caring and values collaboration and teamwork.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.