The Spotify Studio Content Licensing team is seeking an experienced professional to be based in its New York (preferred) or Los Angeles offices. The ideal candidate will have a diverse background in the entertainment and digital content industries with a proven track record of negotiating talent and licensing agreements for original content and podcasts. The role will include managing a team and working closely with Spotify’s Studio organization to scope content development initiatives designed to achieve Spotify’s short and long term goals.
What you’ll do
- You will serve as a primary negotiator for top tier deals, support your team on second tier deals and manage an annual deal pipeline of content investments prioritized by the Studios team.
- You will collaborate with key members of the Spotify Studio team on content strategy, product and other experiences designed to evolve and grow Spotify’s Original Content offerings.
- Working with internal legal, accounting and other teams, you will ensure that all programs are in alignment with Spotify’s fiduciary and operational best practices.
- You will gather data, analytics and insights from other internal groups to be applied to the development of new initiatives.
Who you are
- You will be a champion of Spotify’s values (Innovative, Collaborative, Sincere, Passionate, Playful) and demonstrate a Growth Mindset.
- You have a BA Degree. An MBA or other higher education is preferred.
- You have at least ten (10) years work experience with at least five (5) years experience directly negotiating talent agreements.
- You are a self-starter with a commercial mindset.
- You are a skilled negotiator willing and able to close deals, having closed multiple agreements with commitments of $1 million or more.
- You must be familiar with the complexities related to audio, video and interactive technology, production cycles and IP rights management.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to build and explain financial models.
- You possess the ability to work in a fast-paced, all-hands-on-deck, start-up environment that requires efficient communications with cross-functional teams.
- You understand various types of intellectual property deal types (licensing, windowing, co-production, etc.).
- You have an in-depth understanding of the roles played across the media company value chain (production companies, technology companies, talent agencies, record labels), as well as the current and emerging cross-media platforms (social, broadcast, radio, etc.)
- You are willing to travel (at some times extensively) and work across distant time zones.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.