Spotify’s mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. The flow of capital between these stakeholders is a key characteristic of a well functioning marketplace and, accordingly, the Payments team within Spotify has recently been redefined and enhanced. The team is responsible for the management of the growth, stability and future direction of Spotify’s approach to payments globally.
We are now seeking exceptional leaders in the payments space to fill a number of new key roles in this team. This role as well as the Director, Commercial Development and Management and the Associate Director, Payments Optimisation will report directly to the Vice President heading the global payments function.
What you’ll do:
- You will assess the payments landscape, looking at both the present day and future developments
- You will make use of Spotify’s global footprint to seek out innovation in the payments domain globally as well as emerging regulatory trends that could influence Spotify’s approach to payments
- You will outline and recommend Spotify’s strategic position on the payment’s spectrum to optimise, innovate and scale to meet the company’s goals
- You will develop a clear set of coherent prioritised actions to deliver against this strategic ambition
- In addition to strategy development for payments, you will lead and execute on specific strategy projects
- You will evangelise payments programs internally to all key stakeholders
Who you are:
- You have extensive relevant work experience as a thought leader, with significant professional exposure in the online payments and e-commerce space and deep knowledge of international payments and regulatory developments for payments, ideally at a global level
- You have extensive experience in developing strategy within the payments environment and a track record in deriving insights and developing recommendations and action plans
- You are skilled at leading and executing complex projects spanning multiple stakeholders and know how to get things done in a larger organisation where you are not always in direct control of all the resources and competencies to get the job done
- You are commercially minded and focused, with a track record of interacting collaboratively with colleagues in tech and product domains
- You have a highly analytical and data-driven approach to decision making, extremely rigorous when it comes to numbers and can easily conceptually get your head around complex multi-variable optimisation problems
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You have significant exposure to a business undergoing hyper-growth and a proven track record of being able to contribute to all relevant aspects of this growth
- You are a strong team leader, with the ability to inspire, manage and grow a top performing team
This role is based in our London office with frequent travel to our headquarters in Stockholm and other company locations. You will report to the Vice President, Payments.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.