We are looking for a Director of Sales (DOS) for the Northwest region with an established record of sales leadership and revenue generation as well as a deep interest and passion for online media, music, and innovation.
In this role, you will oversee our Ad Sales efforts in the Northwest region. We want someone who loves our product, knows the Northwest sales market, clients, and agencies, can build creative, long-term consultative solutions, and lead, motivate and grow a sales team of Account Directors. You should be confident without being arrogant, and hardworking while still knowing how to have fun.
What you’ll do:
- In collaboration with the Regional Head of Ad sales and DOS peers you will help define the sales strategy and drive execution for some of the world’s top brands and agencies.
- Provide leadership for the dynamic, diverse, and hard working sales team
- Hire, manage & develop the expanding Northwest Sales team including salespeople & support staff
- Proactively identify and seek out client and industry relationships to optimize revenue
- Drive partnership performance, engage with key partners, and deliver excellent customer service
- Represent Spotify in the advertising community by seeking out and participating at industry events
- Manage pipeline, revenue forecasts, sales activity using Salesforce.com for maximum efficiency and visibility
- Maintain high levels of communication and transparency with management, cross-functional teams, and business partners
- Work from our office in San Francisco
Who You Are:
- You have 7+ years of digital advertising/marketing sales experience, and 3+ years of management
- You are an experienced sales leader in California and the West Coast
- You have a deep understanding of the marketing landscape and expertise in account planning, strategic planning, and media buying within Direct & Programmatic environments
- You have experience running a team where Data/Insights drive the direction of the business
- You have strong agency holding company & brand direct relationships
- You are highly motivated, entrepreneurial, energetic, and willing to thrive in a high growth organization
- You are able to hit and exceed quarterly revenue expectations
- You have excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.