At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love.
For our Ads Business we are looking for a Director of Sales (DOS) with an established record of sales leadership, operational brilliance and revenue generation as well as a deep interest and passion for online media, music, and innovation.
In this role, you will oversee our Ad Sales efforts for a set of media agency groups. We want someone who loves our product, knows the German ad market, clients, and agencies, can build creative, long-term consultative solutions, and lead, motivate, operationalize and grow a sales team of Account Managers. You should be confident without being arrogant, and hardworking while still knowing how to have fun.
What you’ll do
- In collaboration with the German Head of Sales and DOS peer, you will help define the sales strategy and drive execution for some of the world’s top brands and agencies
- Provide leadership for the dynamic, diverse, and hardworking sales team
- Hire, manage; develop the evolving German Agency Ad sales team
- Proactively identify and seek out client and industry relationships to optimize revenue
- Drive partnership performance, engage with key partners, and deliver excellent customer service
- Represent Spotify in the advertising community by seeking out and participating in industry events
- Be brilliant at the basics. Manage pipeline, revenue forecasts, sales activity using Salesforce.com for maximum efficiency and visibility
- Maintain high levels of communication and transparency with management, cross-functional teams, and business partners
- Work from the Düsseldorf office where you are based
Who you are
- You have 8+ years of digital advertising/marketing sales experience, and 3+ years of management
- You are an experienced sales leader, consultative seller and have a proven track record of success in Germany
- You have a deep understanding of the German marketing and media landscape and expertise in account planning, strategic planning, and media buying within Direct & programmatic environments
- You have experience running a team where Data/Insights drive the direction of the business
- You are experienced in selling programmatic and expanding your network in the programmatic landscape
- You have strong agency and brand direct relationships
- You are highly motivated, entrepreneurial, energetic, and willing to thrive in a high growth organization
- You are able to hit and exceed quarterly revenue expectations.
- You are able to speak both German and English
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.