Spotify Premium is looking for a Product Director to join the Premium Mission and lead the product organization of our Commerce Tribe. The Commerce Tribe is responsible for the core commerce and payment platforms that are being built to serve the whole company, including new and emerging revenue streams, defining the future of our unified commerce platform and allowing for rapid scaling of new revenue streams as we expand access to users through payments capabilities on existing lines of business.
What you’ll do
In this role you will be responsible for developing end to end product vision, strategy and roadmaps for the commerce platform in collaboration with key stakeholders across our business units. You will be building and leading a team of highly talented Product Managers, Senior Product Managers and Associate Product Managers and you will have a direct impact on one of the world’s largest subscription based payments platforms. We are expecting you to help us take this incredible business to the next level.
You will be:
- Accountable for providing commerce capabilities such as product catalog, order management, subscription and payment services and fraud management solutions for Premium and other business units at Spotify
- Building and managing a team consisting of Sr. Product Managers and Product Managers who in turn lead the product development of their respective full stack teams
- Accountable for a clear set of business metrics
- A key part of the tribe’s leadership and product leadership teams
- Expected to own and drive cross tribe product initiatives from time to time
- Working in close collaboration with a tech, design and product insights counterpart to lead and grow the commerce area in Premium and the company
Who you are
- You are highly capable of formulating bold and far-reaching product vision and strategy, then communicating it effectively to anyone in the organization — from the teams designing and building the products, to the senior-most stakeholders in our Leads team.
- You understand that vision and strategy are important, but being able to dive in and connect that strategy to the details of tactics is crucial
- You have experience in building and supporting products and systems that ultimately serves consumers with paid offerings at scale, understanding how to serve multiple tenants with competing priorities
- You have domain knowledge with online payments, marketplaces and the commerce space, ideally from both a product and tech perspective and how those commerce systems interact with accounting and financial domains in B2C and B2B models
- You have experience working across a complex and evolving product set, using the latest techniques for product discovery and hypothesis-driven product development
- You understand that great ideas come from anywhere and collaboration across disciplines and experiences is the key to building great products
- You deeply value and have experience with hiring, coaching and leading diverse and high-performing teams of product managers, including senior managers, creating an inclusive space where people can learn and do the best work of their careers
- You have strong communication skills and can navigate an ever-evolving, matrixed organisation across multiple offices/time zones where priorities are often in competition
- You are steady under pressure in a fast-paced environment, capable of quickly and clearly prioritizing both your time and that of your Product organization
- You’re open to travel from time-to-time and capable of leading remote teams as effectively as those you work on-site with