We are looking for a passionate and seasoned operational leader to join our team. You will help us build and run a world class organization, executing strategy across functions and helping our entire team be effective and engaged.
Delighting users while fairly compensating content creators is at the core of Spotify’s mission. To accomplish our mission we are constantly striving to more efficiently monetize our products.
Spotify seeks an Operations Lead to help us grow, organize, and nurture the team working in this area. You will play an active role in shaping the new music economy. Our organization of engineers, designers, and product managers are located between New York, Stockholm and London. You’ll be at the center of the company mission, enabling our organization of engineers, designers and product managers to deliver valuable products to the best of their ability. The role is based in London, where we are spearheading efforts to support the creation of an R&D hub; we have teams in Stockholm and New York as well.
If you enjoy fast-paced high-energy environments, thrive in collaborative and passionate teams, love music, and have a track record of successfully building digital businesses, this is the role for you.
What you’ll do
- You’ll build and lead the team that supports and improves our product development engine — program management, communications, operations, training and agile skill development, and more
- You’ll shepherd the overall goal-setting and planning framework
- You’ll work closely with leads in every functional area to champion continuous improvement and our learning culture
- You’ll craft the internal communications strategy for the team, and find creative ways to help our teams connect with our objectives
- You’ll operate the organization’s budget and the hiring plan
- You’ll assist teams in discovery, evangelism, and application of best practices in operational process
- You’ll embrace our culture and find the delicate balance of order and chaos.
Who you are
- You have 15+ years experience leading Operations & Program Management teams in the software product development arena
- You understand what Agile is all about
- 5-10 years working with product development teams in Agile product development environments
- You have extensive experience of managing project managers, operations managers and agile coaches
- Experience of working in a global business and experience of working in a startup environment preferred
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the creative industry
- You are business-minded and passionate about the potential of leading multiple teams towards achieving a common goal
- You are customer-centric and work to build strong empathy into the teams you work with
- You have proven experience running highly effective teams that deliver products and have fun while doing it
- You are extremely organized, even when you’re not in control
- You are anxious to learn and grow, and to help others do the same
- You make those around you successful
- You are an excellent communicator
- You’re able to commit to heavy travel up to 75% between Europe and the US.
Salary – competitive <span
Opening date: 06 Nov 2017
Closing date: 05 Dec 2017
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.