Director of Engineering – Revenue
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join and grow our Revenue Engineering team in our completely new R&D site in London, UK.
The Revenue Mission is today responsible for monetizing Spotify’s current users through the Premium paid offering as well as advertising in the free offering. Iron Bank within Revenue, is the circa 80 person team responsible for powering Premium revenue, and is currently the biggest growth area in R&D. Needs for payments and commerce capabilities beyond the current paid offerings are rapidly emerging both within Premium as well as from other Spotify Missions. To support the company and the evolving product strategy we plan to grow the team significantly. The team is today based in Stockholm and in conjunction with other Missions at Spotify we are moving forward with aggressively establishing a Tech presence in London, UK. The London Revenue R&D team will be built out from scratch with an expected 30-35 people by Q1 2018 including internal transfers and new hires. By EOY 2018 we are targeting a ~60-70 person organization. Our growth target across Stockholm and London is 250-300 people 2020. With this investment we plan to expand our Premium product suite and build a commerce platform for all of Spotify to use.
To make this happen we are looking for a passionate and seasoned Director of Engineering to join the Revenue Mission in London UK. In this role you will be responsible for significantly scaling our R&D presence in London and build out the teams needed for success. You will also build and shape Spotify’s engineering function in London more broadly working with other Missions’ leaders. This will require cross functional collaboration and leadership across missions and locations. You will hire, grow, and operate a world-class engineering team and transform Spotify’s capabilities for generating revenue across missions. You will be the senior member of the UK Revenue engineering leadership team, reporting into the VP of Technology in Revenue based in Stockholm, and you will play a key leadership role in the Revenue mission globally.
This role is based in London with some travel to Stockholm and New York.
What You’ll do
- You will establish Spotify’s presence in London and develop, hire, and enable awesome engineers and engineering leaders
- You will build and lead an engineering team of 100+ over the next few years
- You will shape the engineering culture of the site by inspiring others. You will set ambitious goals and provide support to meet them
- You will partner closely with Product, Design, and Engineering leaders from other areas to ensure ultimate success of the site.
- You will have direct responsibility for the Revenue engineering mission as well as accountability for the broader engineering health and effectiveness of the London office.
Who you are
- You want to make an impact.
- You are passionate about technology, people and the opportunity to enable and shape Spotify’s ability to monetize across its missions.
- You have proven experience building and managing teams at scale across geographically and time zone dispersed locations.
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products, and have a track record of doing so.
- You have a strong technology background and are passionate about establishing strategies that enable teams to succeed.
What We Value
Innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion and playfulness are a start. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands good culture and will help shape it as it evolves.
Spotify brings you the right music for every moment. We play music for over 140 million active users, with more than 50 million subscribers. We’ve launched in 58 markets with over 30 millions songs.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.