Our employees are the heart that powers Spotify. We are a rapidly growing group of the most amazing and passionate people across the globe focused on giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it. Productivity Engineering’s mission is to give every Spotifier the best possible user experience from the moment they open their device. By doing so we seek to remove all barriers to collaboration, enabling every employee to work freely and securely—with an experience that makes Spotify one of the best places to work.
As the leader of Productivity Engineering, your work will touch every employee at Spotify, responsible for setting the direction for all productivity, collaboration and tooling technology, desktop and mobile. You will interact with leaders across our entire company: other engineering teams, as well as leaders in Marketing, Finance, HR, Legal, Sales, Artist Relations and more–all with the goal of creating the best employee technology experience in the industry. This work will involve all aspects of leadership: motivating teams, developing leaders, satisfying stakeholders, and selecting areas of key investment to create the best technology experience for Spotfiers. This will include collaborating with technology providers to help resolve challenges such as: building zero trust networks that enable people safely work from anywhere; balancing autonomy, security, and easy-of-use in device management; determining the best mix of tools to optimize collaboration across teams and offices.
Your experience should include leading a significant and relevant IT or enterprise application organisation of 30-60 people within a company experiencing hyper-growth. Specific experience with networking, desktop and device management, or collaboration tools is a key plus. You will be deeply immersed in the productivity landscape, on the lookout for new innovations, technologies, vendors, and tools–and to be able to synthesise this into a defined and easily digestible delivery plan.
Spotify’s culture encourages innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion and playfulness. There is a strong focus on continuous self-improvement, learning through experimentation and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance. As a leader, you will model these values, to better Productivity Engineering practice them in their daily work.
What you’ll do
- You will develop, hire and enable incredible engineering leaders and scale our team
- You will lead product, engineering, process, and business impact of an engineering team of 30-50 engineers and managers.
- You will partner closely key technology providers and our other engineering teams across Spotify, to solve productivity challenges in a holistic fashion
- You will help the Product and Engineering Leaders of Productivity Engineering develop and execute on a long-term technology roadmap with a specific focus on unlocking innovation, collaboration, and ease-of-work across Spotify
- You will be based in Stockholm, but travel to New York occasionally
Who you are
- You are passionate about what technology can do to unlock productivity
- You thrive when crafting high-usability experiences, not just implementing great technology
- You have a broad enterprise technology background and have deep experience leading collaboration between product managers, engineers, and vendors
- You have real-world experience leading global engineering teams of 30 people or more and have operated successfully as a “leader of leaders”
- You want to make an impact
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.