Soundtrap is a collaborative, browser- and cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company.
Since our launch in 2013, we have attracted millions of users. With us, anyone can make their recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
What you’ll do
As the Director of Engineering, Product and Design for Soundtrap R&D, you will enable leaders and teams to create the world’s best online audio platform. This work will involve all aspects of leadership; motivating teams, developing leaders, satisfying stakeholders and collaborating with business unit leaders. You will be the bridge between business and technology, realising the business goals of the organisation by delivering value through our products and teams.
Your experience should include leading a significant and relevant software development organisation of 30-100 people within a company experiencing hyper-growth. Specific experience with developing online collaboration tools, cross-platform development, audio programming and/or music production is a plus.
Spotify’s culture encourages innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion and playfulness. There is a strong focus on continuous self-improvement, learning through experimentation and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance. As a leader, you will model these values, to better enable the team to practice them in their daily work.
You will work from our Stockholm office and be part of the Soundtrap leads team and report to the Managing Director of Soundtrap.
- Lead an R&D team of 35 people consisting of software engineers, designers, product managers and managers.
- Develop, hire and enable incredible leaders
- Scale our team to 100+ people
- You will work with your team to develop and execute on a long-term roadmap to take Soundtrap to the next level as the world’s best online audio collaboration platform.
Who you are
- You have real-world experience leading and scaling product development organisations of 30 people or more and have operated successfully as a “leader of leaders”
- You have extensive experience in product management and understand how technology can enable a business.
- You have a solid software engineering background enabling you to understand product development from both business and technology perspectives
- You have experience in cloud-based, collaborative applications.
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products.
- You have a passion for music, perhaps play an instrument and/or are familiar with music production tools
- You have experience leading collaboration between product managers, engineers, and designers
- You want to make an impact and are delivery oriented
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.