We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join and grow our Security Team. As a fast moving and quickly growing company with focus of speed of product development the Security team is faced with the challenge of enabling and ensuring development of secure systems in a highly distributed organization. We believe this is done by collaborating closely with teams throughout the company, offering guidance and supplying user-friendly security products. We work to maintain a high level of security awareness throughout the organization
What you’ll do
Managing and building the security team
- Building and developing a strong leadership team including product owners, engineering managers and coaches
- Maintain and develop a world-class security engineering team
- Develop strong Engineering practices
Risk management with stakeholders, internal customers and partners
- Maintain and grow a healthy security culture, striking the balance between Security and speed of delivery.
- Represent the Security organization towards external stakeholders
- Coordinate and collaborate with other parts of the company such Compliance, Legal and IT
- Lead the process of direction setting and strategy for Information Security at Spotify
- Responsibility for managing information security for Spotify. Delivering risk mitigation projects through the Security organization and in collaboration with other parts of the company.
- Build a security organization that is able to scale with and adapt to the changing needs of Spotify, a fast growing and ever changing company
Who you are
- You are an experienced people manager with experience leading leaders
- You know how to develop risk management strategies
- You are experienced with security engineering
- You have a deep understanding of information security and risk management for IT-based companies
- You have experience in leading engineering culture in an agile & devops environment, and you are able to foster and grow the culture in existing teams.
- You are a Team builder – Developing leadership, supporting managers, and growing the whole team across multiple levels is second nature to you.
What We Value
Innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion and playfulness are the start. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands our culture, will thrive within it, and will help shape it as it evolves.
Spotify brings you the right music for every moment – on your computer, your mobile, your tablet, your home entertainment system and more.
We play music for over 100 million active users, with more than 40 million subscribers. We’ve launched in 58 markets with over 30 millions songs.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.