Spotify Premium R&D is looking for a senior engineering leader to lead the group building and expanding Spotify’s Customer Support Platform (CSAT Tribe).
CSAT is responsible for providing solutions that powers the customer support experiences across self-service, contextual and partner integrated support solutions for over 230M+ users in 79 and growing markets. These users are not only supported directly, but also through 1000+ customer advisors who engage with them every day.
What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll grow and lead engineering for the CSAT tribe, an expanding team with 40+ members split across our Stockholm and New York offices. The team is responsible for development of the overall support platform for Spotify with a mission to amplify the voice of the customer while creating effortless and proactive help experiences through solutions such as self-help, AI powered chat, advisor tooling and integrated partner based solutions.
You will be
- Working in close collaboration with your peers in product, design and product insights to lead engineering and deliver a world class support platform not only for Premium, but for the whole of Spotify.
- Responsible for growing a healthy, collaborative engineering and product development culture in line with the company values
- Developing technology strategies in support of the business goals and product vision/strategy for the customer support experience space, in collaboration with key stakeholders across Spotify
- Accountable for the development and performance of the engineering leadership of the tribe and the broader business unit
- Directly managing the senior-most individual contributing engineers, staying close to the technical architecture and decision-making in our cross-BU technical steering councils
- Expected to own and drive strategic, cross tribe engineering initiatives from time-to-time
Who you are
- You have real-world experience leading and scaling engineering in organizations of 40+ people and have a proven track record of successfully operating as a “leader of leaders”
- You’re passionate about technology, people and the opportunity to enable and shape Spotify’s ability to provide the best support experiences possible.
- You have relevant domain knowledge that will allow you to enable large scale customer support solutions for Spotify as a whole.
- You have a strong technology background and experience in providing solutions that are balancing build vs. buy options for the best customer and stakeholder outcomes.
- You’re passionate about establishing strategies that enable teams to succeed
- You have experience in hiring, coaching and growing high-performing teams across geographically and time zone dispersed locations.
- You have strong communication skills and can navigate an ever-evolving, matrixed organisation across multiple offices/time zones where priorities are often in competition.
- You’re open to travel from time-to-time and capable of leading remote teams as effectively as those you work on-site with.