We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join and grow our Creator team in New York, leading our Creator Studio team.
We at Spotify have built the leading platform through which users experience the work of artists, and we’re passionately creating products and services that enable those creators to thrive. As a leader for our Creator Studio team, you will develop the products that connect users deeper with creators, and allow creators to express themselves and their art in new ways on our platform.
What you’ll do
- You will develop, hire and enable incredible engineering leaders and scale our team
- You will lead technology, delivery, innovation, and business impact of an engineering team of 30 engineers and managers.
- You will partner closely with our Product, Design and Insights functions and their leaders
- You will lead collaboration with engineering teams across Spotify, in particular our Consumer teams.
- You will work with your team to develop and execute on a long-term technology roadmap with a specific focus on mobile development
- You will be based in New York, but travel to Stockholm and London occasionally
Who you are
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the creative industry
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You have a broad engineering background and have deep experience in mobile development on either iOS or Android and experience in media-intensive products.
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development
- You have real-world experience leading engineering teams and have operated successfully as a “leader of leaders”
- You want to make an impact
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.