We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join and grow our Creator team in New York.
We at Spotify have built the leading platform through which users experience the work of artists, and we’re passionately creating products and services that enable those artists to thrive. We understand the value we get from their work, on all levels, and our team is running and building products that show them just how much. As a senior member of our team, you will lead a world-class engineering practice and play an active role in shaping the new music economy.
What you’ll do
- You will develop, hire and enable incredible engineering leaders and scale our practice
- You will lead technology, delivery, innovation, and business impact of an engineering team of dozens of people
- You will partner closely with our Product and Design functions and their leaders
- You will provide context, support and guidance as our team works toward our objectives — you will inspire, not just direct
- You will work with your team to develop and steward a long-term technology roadmap
- You will be based in New York, but travel to Stockholm and London occasionally
Who you are
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the creative industry
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You have a broad engineering background and are an impressive technical strategist
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development
- You have real-world experience managing engineering teams and have operated successfully as a “leader of leaders”
- You want to make an impact
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.