We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join and grow our Creator Marketplace team in New York, leading our Marketplace Commercialization team.
We at Spotify have built the leading platform through which users experience the work of artists, and we’re passionately creating products and services that enable those creators to thrive. As a leader for our Marketplace Commercialization team, you will develop products that help creators make a living, promote their work on the platform and allow artists at all stages of their careers have greater impact with their art.
What you’ll do
- You will develop, hire and enable incredible engineering leaders and scale our team.
- You will lead technology, delivery, innovation, and business impact of an engineering team of 40 engineers and managers.
- You will partner closely with our Product, Design and Insights functions and their leaders.
- You will lead collaboration with engineering teams across Spotify, in particular our Free and Personalization teams.
- You will work with your team to develop and execute on a long-term technology roadmap with a specific focus on adtech, martech and 3rd party integration.
- You will be based in New York, but travel to Stockholm and London occasionally.
Who you are
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the creative industry.
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products.
- You have a broad engineering background and have deep experience in complex, high performance systems, preferably in adtech.
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development.
- You have real-world experience scaling up and managing engineering teams and have operated successfully as a “leader of leaders.”
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts.
- You want to make an impact.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.