Spotify Premium R&D is looking for a senior Engineering Leader to lead one of our key product areas focusing on growing our subscriber base globally. This group is responsible for making sure Spotify Premium’s expanding product portfolio is monetized as effectively as possible throughout the awareness, consideration, conversion and retention stages of the customer lifecycle.
This will be done by leveraging and expanding Spotify’s capabilities to generate revenue by presenting the best offers to the right users and optimizing user flows through extensive use of experimentation. With over 232+M current users, 108+M paying, and an aggressive growth strategy; this is a key area with direct revenue impact to the company. This position will be located in our London or Stockholm offices depending on the candidate.
What you’ll do
In this role you will be responsible for leading several engineering teams that drive development, scaling and optimization activities in this space and you will have a direct impact on one of the world’s largest subscription based service platforms. We are expecting you to help us take this incredible business to the next level.
You will be:
- Building a best in class conversion function which will operate across all levels of the funnel to experiment, optimise and increase the key conversion metrics.
- Partnering with stakeholders and cross functional teams to ensure market expansions and campaigns are reaching their targets
- Developing technology strategies in support of the product vision, strategy and goals for the conversion space in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Accountable for delivery of activities targeting a clear set of business metrics in the space.
- A key part of the tribe’s leadership and engineering leadership teams
- Inspire, manage and lead engineering so they are happy, engaged and growing.
- Expected to own and drive cross tribe engineering initiatives from time to time.
- Working in close collaboration with product, design and product insights counterparts to lead and grow your Product Area.
Who you are
- You are passionate about technology, people and the opportunity to enable and shape Spotify’s ability to monetize the Premium growing set of offerings.
- You have a deep understanding of online marketplaces and the online commerce space in general
- You have experience of digital Marketing and Marketing platforms
- You will have experience of working with and setting up conversion experimentation at scale to drive different lines of business.
- You have a strong technology background in the domain and you are passionate about establishing strategies that enable teams to succeed.
- You want to make an impact.
- You will have a strong data mindset and be experienced in how technology should be used to understand and make best use of the array of data we have.
- You will be appreciative of how Machine Learning and automation should be in conjunction with personalisation to drive conversion outcomes.
- You are an experienced people manager including several years of leading other managers.
- You will have worked with agencies and internal teams and be able to drive sourcing decisions based on agreed sourcing criteria. You will also understand technology maturity models and be able to determine in-house versus sourced strategies.
- You have experience of hiring, coaching and growing high-performing teams across geographically and time zone dispersed locations.
- You are driven, but with a collaborative mindset. “You don’t win unless your team wins”.
- You are well organized with great attention to detail.
- You are open to periodic travel
- You are an excellent communicator in English, whether it be in words or in writing.