Are you excited by the opportunity of building an extraordinary engineering team, pursuing a domain that no one in the industry has cracked just yet? Creator Marketplace is growing in Stockholm, and now we’re looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to come join us as we’re laying the foundations for one of our newest teams: Content Control.
Content Control sits at the intersection of our consumer and creator offerings, using technology, policies and people to keep Spotify a safe and friendly place. Parts of this equation can be solved proactively, while as other parts rely on a solid systematic approach for gathering and acting on real-time inputs from creators, industry partners, consumers and NGOs. While Spotify has been operating in this space for many years, we recently decided to look at the opportunities ahead through a new set of lenses. This is where you come in: you’ll build the engineering team that powers these revamped capabilities, effectively ensuring that we’re not only getting the right people onboard but that we’re also building the right things.
You will report to our Head of Content Platform and your work will impact people’s perception of Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Establish, manage and grow a world-class engineering team operating in a domain undergoing rapid evolution
- Bring a senior technical mindset to the table, effectively mentoring your team on how to efficiently handle a wide range of priorities, partners and stakeholders
- Establish the focus needed to continuously deliver with high quality
- Form a strong trio together with your two peers on the Content Control leadership team, setting the vision, strategy and roadmap for your team
- Incorporate advances in research into our products to ensure we take full advantage of new opportunities
- Be an instrumental part of the Content Platform leadership group, actively participating in our strategic forums and activities
Who you are
- You have a strong technical background, as evidenced by multiple engineering leadership roles, with a personal preference for remaining highly technical
- You are a true team builder with a consistent record of building great engineering teams from scratch, scaling from a couple of people to 100+ engineers – solving many of the tough organisational challenges that follow as you grow your teams
- You have experience in establishing and nurturing a healthy and inclusive engineering culture in rapidly changing domains
- You are an enthusiastic and compelling storyteller with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and non-engineers alike
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making within and across both team and departmental boundaries
- You have been instrumental to successful product launches, as well as in subsequent iterations of existing products, by utilizing effective software development practices including agile, continuous improvement and continuous delivery
- You have built and operated data-intensive products that swiftly and automatically learn from the behaviour of customers
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products. You’re empathic and constructive, and your direct reports describe you as a true mentor
- You believe in a servant leadership mindset and you subscribe to the cultural values of Spotify
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.