Are you excited by the opportunity of leading an engineering team working at the forefront of machine learning? Content Platform is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to come join us, in either London or New York, to turbo-charge our quest to map the world of audio.
Content Platform is a central enabler for Spotify. Together, our teams ensure that Spotify has a complete, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more. Content Knowledge is the largest team in Content Platform and is a key part of this puzzle. Sitting at the intersection of our consumer and creator offerings, we use a combination of cutting-edge machine learning, crowd-sourced wisdom, and deep industry expertise to discover and organize structured information about the world of audio. In doing so, we help Spotify make well-informed decisions and build impactful products.
As the Director of Engineering for Content Knowledge, you will report to our Head of Content Platform.
What you’ll do
- Lead and grow an extraordinary engineering team spread across three (and counting) squads in London and NYC.
- Bring a senior operational mindset to the table, ensuring that our teams maintain laser focus while handling a wide range of priorities and partners.
- Drive the practices needed to continuously deliver high-quality software and data sets that support the company’s big-picture goals.
- Help our engineering teams deliver technologies that operate at – and beyond – the latest academic research.
- Form a strong leadership team, making sure technology has a vital role throughout the team’s vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Be an instrumental part of the Content Platform leadership group by participating in its strategic forums and activities.
- You’ll spend the majority of your time in either London or New York, with travel to our other locations.
Who you are
- You have been instrumental to successful product launches, as well as in subsequent iterations of existing products, by utilizing effective software development practices including agile, continuous improvement and continuous delivery.
- You have a strong technical background, as evidenced by multiple engineering leadership roles, with a personal preference for remaining highly technical.
- You have a proven ability to solve the tough challenges inherent in growing high-performing teams.
- You have experience in establishing and nurturing a healthy and inclusive engineering culture in rapidly changing domains.
- You are a compelling storyteller with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and non-engineers alike.
- You have a validated ability to influence decision-making within and across both team and departmental boundaries.
- You have built and operated data-intensive products.
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products. You’re empathetic and constructive, and your direct reports describe you as a true mentor.
- You believe in servant leadership and you subscribe to the cultural values of Spotify.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.