We are looking for a passionate and seasoned Director of Engineering to join Spotify’s Free Business Unit. Our mission is to create the best experience for our Spotify Free users and to offer the best return on investment to our advertisers. Our innovations in the digital audio advertising space drive new revenue that is helping change the very fundamentals of how artists earn a living in today’s digital world. The work we do helps change the lives of artists everywhere.
This rapidly growing group is around 40 people in size, and its focus is on providing value to our marketers by developing a deep understanding of our Spotify users. This team has a significant part in all of our strategic efforts and its customers include our advertisers, internal Spotify marketing teams and other internal groups.
What you’ll do
- Grow, teach and lead a team of Engineering Managers and Staff Engineers
- Be an active partner to your Product, Design and Insight peers as part of your role in being an effective leadership team for the whole group
- Coach, mentor and grow cross functional teams, so they can form and sustain high performing engineerings teams
- Inspire, manage and lead engineering so they are happy, productively engaged and growing
- Shepherd the engineering culture of our group, so we can achieve our mission
- Be part of the team that’s setting the strategy for the business unit
Who you are
- You can draw on substantial depth and breadth of management experience to lead and grow a team
- You have solid experience leading the organizational design and leadership challenges that come with hyper-scaling an engineering group
- You are a domain expert in digital advertising, preferably with experience in mobile platforms, data modeling, or optimization.
- You are well versed and experienced at applying Agile tools and mental models to take on the problems of an engineering organization
- You are experienced at mentoring and coaching the leadership teams of your organization
- You have built a learning organization and are continuously learning as a leader
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.