At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right audio content experience for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite music and podcasts and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love.
We are looking for a seasoned Automation (Programmatic) Sales Leader to join our team. We’re looking for someone with a proven record of revenue generation in the programmatic advertising field, with deep relationships across agencies, trading desks of all kinds, SSPs, DSPs and emerging technology. You will have a passion for online media, data, measurement and ad tech. We want someone who loves our product and understands the ever evolving programmatic ecosystem.
What you’ll do:
- Have a core focus on Incremental revenue; identify areas of opportunity for increased monetization across both high growth markets and mature regions.
- Partner closely with Global Sales (Agency & Vertical Leads) serving as the strategic and tactical implementation liaison for programmatic.
- Work closely with Partner / Reseller Sales Team(s) to build out programmatic offering, capture incremental spend and support technical integrations needed. Outline opportunity by market and build strategic roadmap.
- Manage and partner closely with internal teams and external teams on new technology rollouts, testing and GTM strategy. Identify incremental lift to revenue and manage sales channels appropriately.
- Create proactive game plans for revenue expansion and global adoption across agency holding companies and key verticals.
- Be the programmatic expert and evangelist in the sales organization, utilizing our diverse programmatic and data offering to drive incremental revenue.
- Work collaboratively with our sales leadership team on strategic programmatic deals
- Grow programmatic advertising revenues by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with agency leadership, their trading desks, independent trading desks, DSPs and clients’ in-house trading teams.
- Create a cadence for updates across your remit and timelines to revenue attainment and growth.
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue goals.
- Attend weekly and monthly sales meetings as required.
- Represent Spotify at events and serve as a brand ambassador.
- Manage activity using salesforce.com, provide accurate and timely forecasting, and report on meeting activity.
- Work from local/regional office
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have 10+ years experience in a programmatic and/or digital media sales leadership role(s)
- You strategically use data and insights to inform client investment strategy.
- You have the ability to think and work on the fly as priorities shift and evolve.
- You have a deep understanding of the digital ecosystem and trends around programmatic best practices, opportunities, and challenges.
- You have strong negotiation skills and the ability to present effectively and close the deal.
- You have the ability to build a pipeline and proven track record of exceeding goals.
- You are dedicated to growing business in unique ways and don’t shirk at the site of aggressive revenue goals.
- You have dexterity in creating reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.
- You are a team player, smart, adapt well with change and have a positive attitude
- You are able to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment and across external and internal teams to deliver creative, fresh campaigns
- You work with a high level of autonomy – creating new opportunities without direction
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.