At Spotify, we want to help millions of people discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 60 markets with 100M+ users, and growing fast. We are looking for a Director, Gift Cards to join our Business Development team in New York.
You will develop and lead our relationships with tier-one retailers and integrators and grow our global gift card business. You will lead a small team and work closely with different internal teams to negotiate, execute and manage large-scale retail programs that improve our existing card business, as well as identify new opportunities in corporate loyalty programs, B2B and digital gift cards. You have well-established relationships with several premier retail partners and integrators and are a seasoned deal maker in this space. You have a deep understanding of the gift card space for digital services, ideally with experience also working on loyalty programs. You also have the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, you are comfortable working across time zones and have experience managing complex programs that involve persuasively communicating your ideas to key partners.
You want ownership for what you do and love a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Most of all, you’ll be passionate about Spotify and our mission to help people enjoy the music they love, whenever and wherever they want.
What you’ll do:
- Work on finding opportunities for new regional strategic retail partnerships in our key gift card markets and lead negotiations to secure large-scale programs that bring significant value to Spotify.
- Assume day-to-day responsibility of partner relationships including identifying and unlocking additional value for both Spotify and our partners and building deep relationships inside partner organizations across all functions
- Work with our Payments and International teams to develop overall country, channel and retail partner strategy. Lead cross-functional annual planning, monthly reporting and weekly results tracking cadence.
- Identify and develop new strategic opportunities in gift cards/loyalty programs and Spotify’s digital gift card business.
- Manage discussions with senior partners and build consensus among cross-functional teams and senior executives to influence gift card-related decision-making.
Who you are:
- You have 7+ years of working experience in retail-focused business development or management consulting, with experience in the digital services space.
- Experience in negotiating contracts with tier one retail partners, launching new retail partnerships/programs and day-to-day partner management
- Demonstrated the ability to plan and lead at both the strategic and operational level and to handle the planning cycle across cross-functional teams.
- You have superior communication skills and experience presenting concise and thoughtful analysis and recommendations to senior executives, internally and externally.
- Experience managing and developing other individuals.
- You are self-motivated with a can-do attitude and desire to take ownership of projects.
This role will be based in New York City and report into our Global Head of Consumer Subscriber Partnerships. The role requires frequent international and domestic travel.
We are a young company and we are growing fast, so there are great opportunities to develop career in a fast-moving, international, high-tech environment flavoured by music and fun.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.