The Director for Financial Systems is responsible for the architecture, design, and operations of critical cloud-based business applications used by Spotify’s Finance and Accounting partners.
Managing a team in NY and Stockholm, you will collaborate with our global process owners in Accounting, Finance, Business Systems, Information Technology, and other delivery teams on the applications strategy and building key capabilities and services to support these organizations.
You understand how both finance and engineering organizations work and simplify and optimize their work day to day. You will own driving the internal financial systems applications roadmap and manage the associated portfolio of projects. You will develop and maintains enterprise level corporate applications for departments such as Finance, Financial Controls, FP&A and Internal Audit.
You will be responsible for building and overseeing the overall strategy for enterprise business systems applications and be responsible for two geographically separated locations to ensure business continuity. Your team will partner with both business partners and other engineering teams on continually improving and enhancing monthly and yearly close activities.
Spotify has recently migrated to NetSuite while continuing to maintain an additional rich set of financial applications and landscape. Spotify is at the beginning of a journey, and there’s lots to do in working with Finance, FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Accounting, and Engineering to continue to drive towards an efficient, compliant and scalable financial landscape.
Your opportunity is to collaborate with your business and technology partners in creating and executing the business and technical roadmap and putting in place the team and services to take us to the next phase of our financial systems. This role also includes how we holistically manage and optimize across many global process areas including procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, record-to-report, Tax, FP&A, payroll and financial reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Own the finance systems technical strategy and roadmap in close collaboration with the stakeholders in FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Accounting, and Engineering.
- Manage a team of business systems analysts and managers responsible for delivering features and functionality in our Financial Systems.
- Work with your team to identify requirements, evaluate both new features and architecture and help drive decisions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Finance and Accounting to maintain and continually enhance business systems, including reporting and analysis capabilities, to meet ever-changing business requirements.
- Build strong partnerships with Finance, IT, and key individuals within other functional organizations.
- Inspire, motivate and foster a high performing inclusive team.
Who you are:
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Finance & Accounting or information systems. MBA preferred.
- You have a minimum of 12 years related experience with a global public company in digital subscription or advertising industry.
- NetSuite experience, including implementation, managing delivery teams for global public business,
- Experience with other financial applications, e.g., Coupa, Concur, Workday, Adaptive preferred.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance business processes including Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report and have experience working in Accounting and optimising the Month End Close Process
- You know how to influence decision making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts
- You have experience communicating concepts and ideas to Partners at all levels within organizations, including oral and written presentations, proposals, specifications, and reports.
- You care about working in a well-functioning team
- Having worked in public companies with international operations is a must, preferred if listed in the U.S.
- You are passionate about and have experience with agile development methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including extensive experience meeting and presenting to senior executives.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to collaborate with management and others in the company.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply, and we encourage everyone to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music