Spotify’s mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. The flow of capital between these stakeholders is a key characteristic of a well functioning marketplace and, accordingly, the Payments team within Spotify has recently been redefined and enhanced. The team is responsible for the management of the growth, stability and future direction of Spotify’s approach to payments globally.
We are now seeking exceptional leaders in the payments space to fill a number of new key roles in this team. This role as well as the Director, Payments Strategy and the Associate Director, Payments Optimisation will report directly to the Vice President heading the global payments function.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for initiating and managing payment vendor relationships, ensuring that they are managed as a partnership, maximising the value Spotify receives from them
- You will drive negotiations with payments vendors, in line with Spotify’s overall business goals
- You will be the main point of contact for global payments vendors for all stakeholders within Spotify
- You will hold global payments vendors accountable for their products and services
- You will ensure that new vendors are sourced and managed for our continued global expansion and optimisation of payments
- You will work with vendors across business, product and technology domains to ensure that Spotify is making use of all the latest technology and driving change where it’s needed
Who you are:
- You have significant professional experience in the online payments and e-commerce space, with a deep knowledge of international payments, ideally at a global level
- You have a track record in creating and driving successful partnerships and can point to specific examples whereby you have driven an increase in business value
- You have experience in developing and negotiating partnership deals and contracts, with a deep understanding of payment commercials and the models that vendors apply
- You are skilled at leading and executing complex projects spanning multiple stakeholders and know how to get things done in a larger organisation where you are not always in direct control of all the resources and competencies to get the job done
- You are commercially minded and focused, with a track record of interacting with colleagues in tech and product domains
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You have significant exposure to a business undergoing hyper-growth and a proven track record of being able to contribute to all relevant aspects of this growth
- You are a strong team leader, with the ability to inspire, manage and grow a top performing team
The role is based in our London office with frequent travel to our headquarters in Stockholm and other company locations. You will report to the Vice President, Payments.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.