The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for an inquisitive Data Scientist to join Spotify’s Productivity Engineering group, the team responsible for advancing the digital workplace at Spotify. Our mission is to give every Spotifier the best possible user experience from the moment they open their device. By doing so we seek to remove all barriers to collaboration, enabling every employee to work freely and securely—with an experience that makes Spotify into one of the best places to work.
Spotify is a fast paced company with an ambition that every decision should be data-informed and every feature is fueled with data. To make this happen we invest in our data engineering and insights functions across our company. As Data Scientist for Productivity Engineering, you will create and analyze rich data sets on how our staff use all the tools for their work at Spotify to gain insights on employee user behavior that we can use to create the industry-best experience, enable everyone to work with less friction, and foster greater collaboration. You will have regular opportunities to collaborate with other Data Scientists and Data Engineers across Spotify’s technology platform to gain deeper insights into how we work, enabling your work to significantly improve the day-to-day work of Spotifiers in every business function. From your point of expertise in our employee experience, you will be empowered to present your insights to help us advance Spotify’s industry leadership in the technology industry.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with cross-department and multi-functional teams of skilled engineers, data scientists, user researchers, and product managers who are all passionate about creating a world-class experience for all of our staff.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key stakeholders, helping to activate data best practices in the Productivity Engineering as well as the analyst and engineering communities across all of Spotify.
- Define metrics, build and analyze dashboards, reports and key datasets to empower data-informed product development.
- Perform exploratory analysis to understand who our users are, how they get value out of our offering and where we can further develop our product to bring greater value.
- Work from our offices in Stockholm, Sweden
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience, with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics or any other quantitative discipline.
- You are a communicative person who values building positive relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and teaching others
- You know how to understand and seek loosely defined problems and come up with meaningful answers and actionable insights.
- You have an understanding of how to instrument products to accurately collect user and system behaviors through data for a wide variety of insight and product development use cases.
- You have the competence to perform advanced analytics.
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Analytics and visualization tools experience (such as SQL, Tableau, R, Pandas).
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modeling and significance testing)
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java or Scala)
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.