Spotify’s Partner Solutions team is looking for a Designer to produce beautiful, engaging content and experiences for Spotify Ad Studio, our self-serve audio advertising platform. In this role, you’ll own and produce visual and creative assets for the Spotify Ad Studio website, videos, education guides, digital assets, social paid media, Spotify Ad Studio activations, customer testimonials and success stories.
This role reports to the Associate Creative Director of Partner Solutions and is based in New York. You will work closely with the Monetization Product Marketing team, as well as the UI design lead.
Who you are
You’re not only a strategic thinker and craftsperson, but also a problem solver, with expert-level skills in user-friendly design and storytelling. You’re resourceful, responsive and quickly able to shift between “thinking” and “doing” on multiple projects at once, leading design from concept to completion.
- You have 5-6 years of experience at an in-house agency, ad-agency/digital agency, or graphic design agency
- You have 5+ years of professional Adobe Creative Suite experience (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign), presentation design experience (Keynote, PowerPoint) and working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- You have 3-5 years experience with video production/direction/storyboarding
- Your core design skills include the ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively. You are driven to create and innovate.
- You have experience creating education-based content (such as instructional videos and how-to’s).
- You demonstrate the ability to create high-quality work in a fast-paced environment and are able to incorporate feedback from multiple stakeholders, from multiple teams
- You are a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to tie content ideas and concepts to communication strategy.
- You are self-motivated, proactive and thrive in contributing to a team mission.
- You have the ability to clearly communicate design priorities and principles to a variety of stakeholders
- You’ve had 1-2 years of experience managing external designers for contract work
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us
- You are able to provide a brief explanation of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your outstanding digital portfolio and a meticulous attention to detail
What you’ll do
- Conceptualize and create engaging collateral, storyboards, social creative, playbooks and other tools for Spotify Ad Studio primarily with some support on Spotify for Brands.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary Marketing teams. You’ll partner closely with the Ad Studio business leads to understand communication strategy and digital goals and work alongside copywriters, producers, creative leads, and our in-house brand and creative team to find elegant and practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with digital content that engages the Ad Studio audience and helps to deliver on the strategic goals of the platform.
- Work collaboratively with external partners
- Maintain brand integrity while designing for marketing, agency, and artist audiences
- Coordinate multiple projects and prioritize requests based on business needs
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts; knowing when to make low-fi sketches and when to apply pixel-perfection.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.