We are looking for an experienced Design Systems Engineer to join a design systems team inside Spotify’s Design Platform department. As a Design Systems Engineer, you will contribute your technical know-how and design aesthetic to push Spotify’s current design standards to an even higher level.
You’re the kind of person who is passionate about design systems, collaboration and inclusion. You’ll live in the space between design and development, pushing the boundaries of user interface design and design systems.
The impact of your work at Spotify will be significant as you ship a system which powers products that are a part of the lives of millions of users every single day. If you’re interested in delivering design system at scale – we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Work day-to-day in a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, writers and product managers to build and maintain our central React-based component library for web-tech based products
- Collaborate with other design systems teams on evolving our shared processes and tooling to support a large number of teams working on a diverse array of products
- Explore new ways of solving cross-platform design problems at scale
- Create components that scale and flex across a variety of audiences, devices, platforms and form factors ranging from laptop computers to game consoles, connected fridges and cars
- Drive the adoption of our Design System across the company, within all of our apps and integrations though a model of cross-functional collaboration
- Be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and drive your personal development. And you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
- Work from our NYC office with occasional travel to our other major R&D centers (Stockholm, Boston, London and Gothenburg)
Who you are
- You have a deep understanding of the latest approaches to the creation, evolution and distribution of design systems
- You are a good communicator and an empathetic, attentive listener with the capability to anticipate the needs of partners
- You care deeply about usability, accessibility and performance
- You are eager to learn new technologies (we will support you with training & mentoring)
- You are passionate about developing interfaces that are both functional and attractive
- You are willing to work from our awesome office in New York. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in New York.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.