Design Systems Engineers are the nexus of design and development. They push the boundaries of user interface design and design systems at Spotify.
As a Design Systems Engineer, you will contribute your technical know-how and design aesthetic to push Spotify’s current standards to an even higher level. An eye for details is as critical as an ability to see the big picture as you develop UI and animation libraries, design tools and foundational frameworks.
You will be joining our Design Language Systems team, where you’ll develop the core building blocks that make up the Spotify interface across all of our apps and integrations. You’ll work closely with our designers to craft our signature interactions and make sure our apps look beautiful and feel exciting across platforms. You’ll be responsible for developing attractive and functional interfaces that adapt to a range of devices as well as developer and design tools. You should be an advocate for the platforms’ native practices, accessibility, usability, and set the quality bar very high.
The impact of your work at Spotify will be significant as you ship products that are a part of the lives of millions of users every single day. If you’re interested in making a global impact by delivering creative user experiences – we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Use and build modern tools to develop clean, efficient and reusable code.
- Identify and address design, development and delivery performance bottlenecks.
- Invent new ways of solving cross-platform design problems at scale.
- Collaborate with designers, writers, engineers and partners across the company.
- Actively participate in code and design reviews.
- Mentor and guide engineers across various teams and platforms.
Who you are
- You bring a mastery of Apple HIG and/or Material Design, an aptitude for animation and an inclination towards interface design.
- You have a thorough understanding of the current state of the art in design systems
- You care deeply about app performance and accessibility.
- You are a good communicator and an empathetic, attentive listener with the capability to anticipate the needs of partners.
- The depth of your technical expertise lies on iOS, but you display a curiosity for Android and macOS development as well as exposure to Web and Backend technologies.
- You are eager to learn new technologies (we will support you with training and mentoring).
- You are passionate about developing interfaces that are both functional and attractive.
- You gained experience engineering, developing and evolving a high-quality mobile application.
- You have built complex libraries that were used by multiple teams.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.