The core of Spotify’s consumer experience is our mobile application, which delivers an amazing free experience and provides an on-ramp to our subscription premium tiers. With over 200 million monthly active users and over 75 million users enjoying Spotify Premium, we’re off to a good start!
To help us take the consumer experience to the next level, we are looking for a Design Manager for the Core Experience team in Stockholm. CoreX is at the heart of the organization, and you will help lead the team that owns the core Spotify product – the mobile app. As we look to evolve and transform the product in the coming years, you will be a key driver in that evolution.
What you will do
- Lead our Stockholm based design teams (we call them product areas), focused on delivering outstanding mobile experiences to our growing user base
- Influence and interpret the Mission’s vision to drive strategic execution of design through the Product Area
- Alongside your Tech and Product counterparts, you will be responsible for leading a product area, which has responsibilities across key aspects of the core platform of Spotify. You’ll provide thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Shape the data-informed product design vision for the user experience of the products we make in this Tribe and create the space for others to collaborate across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Actively participates in key initiatives to help shape and guide solutions
- Challenges status quo on creativity, emotional impact and quality of design work across their team
- Partners with insights teams, empowering teams to incorporate multiple forms of data in their process and leverage design for new insights
Who you are
- You have extensive experience leading design teams with a variety of crafts (visual, interaction/IA, writing, research, etc.) at consumer-focused organizations.
- You are a trusted and recognized leader, consistently demonstrating credibility in cross-functional interactions
- You are a leader with practical design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You’re a fantastic communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with business stakeholders.
- You shine most at motivating others to carry forward and execute a strategy without needing to be in the room.
- You have a user and data-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your teams instincts through user feedback and data insight. You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- You are eager to learn and evolve in all things. From leadership skills to design craft to process to industry and market trends — you never stop pushing into the next big challenge.
- You are familiar and comfortable working within and contributing to large design systems that you may or may not own directly. Balancing the needs of the larger design ecosystem with the local goals of your product area.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.