We’re searching for an experienced Design Manager to join Spotify’s Editorial Design team in Stockholm. Editorial Design is a globally distributed practice focused on building and unifying Spotify’s brand personality across all of our products. We build brands, tools and product experiences for a global audience spread across 79 markets (and counting). At the center of our remit, we drive global creative direction of Spotify’s iconic playlists.
We are a horizontal practice, collaborating with product, brand, marketing and content disciplines. We believe in terms of scalable systems, not bespoke solutions.
If you’re an experienced manager and phenomenal collaborator with a strong interest in editorial design and music culture, this opportunity might be your calling.
What you’ll do
- Manage; the focus of this role is team management, where you’ll guide our team of designers to grow on both an individual and team level.
- Resourcing; you’ll partner with our local Program Manager to balance our team’s workload and resources appropriately.
- Inspire; you’ll leverage your deep understanding of our business and our industry to encourage designers to make their best work.
- Build; you’ll help to grow our Stockholm based team, recruiting, hiring and interviewing candidates on a regular basis.
- Lead; you’ll be a leader within the team and across the company.
- Collaborate; you’ll represent Editorial Design while working with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world. You’ll partner closely with program managers, product owners, producers, brand and marketing teams to craft elegant and practical solutions.
- Innovate; you’ll contribute to evolving one of the world’s most iconic brands, respecting our past while looking toward our future.
- Travel; you’ll work from our Stockholm office but travel to global offices on a quarterly basis. (Currently not seeking remote workers for this role)
- Design; your primary focus will be managing other designers, but you’ll also need to roll up your sleeves and execute work when needed.
Who you are
- A passionate and experienced designer with 8+ years of design experience and 3+ years of management experience within the tech, culture and brand space.
- A master organizer, planner and facilitator who is well versed in contemporary organizational software and tools.
- Motivated to keep the team focused, engaged and committed to achieving our goals.
- A good listener and a strong communicator who adapts to their audience, is comfortable working cross-functionally and delegating work to reports.
- A strategic thinker who is focused on the big picture, advocating for the team across the organization.
- A self-starter, proactive, punctual, dependable, empathetic, kind.
- In it for the right reasons; you want to collaborate with a diverse group of experts to contribute to something greater than your personal portfolio.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. Please be sure to provide any necessary passwords, we cannot advance your application without them.
- A music fan who is in tune with design and photography trends, contemporary music, and the culture that surrounds it.
- Looking to evolve your leadership skills.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.