What we’re looking for
The mission of the Central team is “crafting the experience across allcustomer touchpoints.” The team is focused on creating a unified design language that scales across all consumer experiences. To build a powerful and meaningful narrative, Central works closely with our Insights and UXwriting teams to deliver impactful experiences. This starts with knowing our customers through qualitative research and understanding what’s the right message to deliver and what’s the right voice and tone to convey.We’re searching for an experienced UX/Product design leader to join the Central team in Stockholm. You’re a great fit for the role if you have the following qualities and experienceMotivation – You have a deep appreciation for the role and you can share this passion to motivate the team and the wider organization.Cultural leader – You have experience in leading design culture in an agile or lean environment, and you are able to foster and grow the culture in existing teams.
- Team builder – Inspiring, empowering, and supporting a team across multiple levels is second nature to you. Ideally, you have been through hyper growth, and have experience with an 80- to 100-person organization.
- Product & Tech partner – You have deep history working with both Product Owners and Developers
What you’ll do
- Lead the Studio design team, in partnership with Insights and UX Writing, to work cross-functionally across consumer Product, Design, and Tech to create a scalable unified design system on all platforms – mobile, desktop, web, with a deep focus on data and optimization. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right strategy.
- Hire and grow the craft of talented designers for Central and across Spotify.
- Work from our office in Stockholm
Who you are
- You have at least 10 years of experience leading design teams with a variety of crafts (visual, interaction/IA, writing, research, etc.) at consumer-focused tech or media companies.
- You are a player/coach/servant leader with practical design chops you don’t mind dusting off from time-to-time. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You’re a fantastic communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with business stakeholders, You shine most at motivating others to carry forward and execute a strategy without needing to be in the room.
- You have a user- and data-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your teams instincts through user feedback and data insight. You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- You are hungry to learn and evolve in all things. From leadership skills to design craft to process to industry and market trends — you never stop pushing into the next big challenge.
- You are familiar and comfortable working within and contributing to large design systems that you may or may not own directly. Balancing the needs of the larger design ecosystem with the local goals of your mission.
What we value
Dogmatic user focus, innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion and playfulness are the start. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands our culture, will thrive within it, and will help shape it as it evolves.We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.