What you’ll do:
- You will develop, hire and enable incredible designers and scale our practice
- You will lead design, through user-centered concept generation/iteration, flawless execution practices and ensure impact of the design team.
- You will partner closely with Product, Insights and Tech leaders to shape the data-informed product design vision for the user experience of the products we make. To do this you’ll create the space for others to collaborate across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Autonomous and Accountable – Along with your partners in tech and product you will take full ownership of the industry product area, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- You will provide context, support and guidance as our team works toward our objectives — you will inspire, not just direct.
- You will work with your team to develop and steward a long-term UX strategy for this market that is profoundly impactful and connected to other efforts around our Creator strategy.
- You will be based in New York, but travel to Stockholm and London occasionally
Who you are:
- You have at least 10 years of experience leading design teams at consumer-focused companies.
- You are passionate about design and what it can do for the creative industry
- You’re a fantastic communicator.
- You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with business stakeholders.
- You thrive when developing great people AND great products
- You have a broad design background and are well-versed in data-informed product design and development
- You want to make an impact and tackle big complex issues.
What We Value
A true creative who is user focused, collaborative, transparent, passionate and playful. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands our culture, will thrive within it, and will help shape it as it evolves. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.