We are seeking to recruit an exceptional candidate to join our Licensing team in Los Angeles, CA to help support our Content Partnerships & Studios team. The Deals Manager’s focus will be to evaluate, structure, negotiate, and execute content licensing transactions. This includes operationalizing deals across the business vis-a-vis cross-functional alignment, and managing the external process to garner approvals from the rights holders.
The manager will also help with ongoing strategy development and business modeling for the purposes of evaluating business opportunities and projecting our business over the next three to five years. This is a global role and works across multiple time zones.
What you’ll do
- You will support licensing strategy by analyzing the performance of existing deals, potential of new deals, and providing key data to build arguments around deal renewals
- You will negotiate terms and agreements with key rights holders, production companies, media companies, and talent agencies to support partner deals
- You will work closely with internal teams including Finance, Insights, Legal, Marketing, and Growth to help advise on deal structures & performance requirements
- You will collaborate with internal teams including, R&D, Reporting, Marketing, and PR to implement all deal terms
- You will develop competitive business understanding that can be applied to scenario and business modelling and forecasting
- You will help to own the original content budgeting and forecasting process
Who you are
- You have received your BA/BS and have four- to six-years of investment banking, private equity, strategy consulting, agency, or corporate development / corporate strategy experience
- You are a highly self-motivated individual and have interpersonal skills with the desire to develop these skills further
- You have experience working in the tech and / or media sector, preferably with a deep understanding of music business models and the licensing landscape
- You have previous experience negotiating, redlining, and executing agreements
- You can build and explain financial and strategic models and have strong spreadsheet skills
- You are able to craft and deliver executive presentations in Keynote and Google Slides
- You are well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- You enjoy working on a team and closely with internal and external stakeholders
- You are highly adaptable and are willing to adjust your role as the business grows and needs change
- You are willing to travel as needed
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.