We are looking for an experienced data warehouse developer to join our Data & Metrics product area. Our mission is to build the technical platform that underpins our key company decisions, revenue and royalty calculations, financial performance management and our ability to scale out to new markets and products. As a developer for data warehouse products you will be responsible for scaling out and design our next generation cloud native data warehouse for the future.
Above all, working as an engineer in Financial Engineering will challenge your design, quality and problem-solving skills to build robust, highly distributed and scalable data processing systems and pipelines.
What you’ll do:
- Continue to maintain and evolve our Data Warehouse solutions.
- Work in a Microsoft SQL Server stack together with the Google Cloud Platform technologies.
- Extend and improve custom solutions built in Python or Java.
- Work with team based deliveries in an agile environment.
- Analyze large amounts of data in order to provide our Business Intelligence users and customers with accurate, insightful, and actionable information.
- Work closely with product and end-users to understand, capture, document, and analyze requirements for complex data solutions.
- Design and implement our next generation data warehousing platform of relational databases in conjunction with cloud services.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of experience in the development of high-quality database solutions.
- Well versed with SQL and relational databases. Data warehousing and MS SQL Stack is a merit.
- Experience with Google Cloud dataflow, Scala and Scio/Apache beam is a merit
- You have demonstrable critical thinking ability in order to analyze large data sets and attention to detail in order to derive accurate conclusions as a result.
- You have experience working with source control (GIT preferred) and participating in Agile development.
- You have a Master or Bachelor Degree in Physics, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- You are self-motivated individual contributor and great teammate with the ability to prioritize and communicate progress in a rapidly changing environment.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.