Spotify is looking for an exceptional individual with strong data science and strategy consulting background to work closely with our Finance and Legal teams in New York City to drive cross-functional data initiatives. Your work will inform the Legal team’s strategy across cutting-edge digital legal issues, including copyright and privacy, and you will also be deeply involved in designing and deploying user lifetime-value related experiments to improve campaign effectiveness and user experience.
You will have the rare opportunity to dive deeply into data around all corners of the company in this role, and above all, you will be at the nexus of data science and cutting edge data issues at one of the most innovative companies in the world.
What you’ll do
- Understand the strategy, priorities, and pain points of our Finance and Legal team and bring that deep understanding to the data science and data engineering community at Spotify
- Maximize the cross-functional impact of our research and data platforms and partner with functional leads to identify and evaluate technology investment opportunities that increase the scale and efficiency of user communication and marketing campaigns
- Conceive of new features or components to existing data projects or platforms that would advance the work of our Finance and Legal team
- Design new solutions (spanning research, platforms, culture) to advance the work of the Finance and Legal — consult with other Solutions Leads to explore the potential for common solutions
- Be a thought leader within the Legal team as the team implements policies and processes governing the company’s compliance with data/privacy regulations.
- Draw on best practices learned from interaction with other companies, scholarship, conferences, etc.
- Communicate what we solve and build in Data to the function, ensuring that outputs land successfully and achieve their intended impact. Follow that impact and share findings with data squads to inform our ‘tweak it’ phases.
Who you are
- Minimum 5 years of experience in experiment design, legal analytics, financial modeling or strategy consulting roles at fortune 500 companies or top consulting firms.
- Willingness to learn relevant legal concepts as underpinnings of analysis a must.
- Extensive experience manipulating and analyzing complex data with SQL and other tools, such as Python. Familiarity with Google BigQuery is a plus.
- Comfort operating independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in interfacing with senior business leaders across multiple time zones.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working cross-functionally with engineers, researchers, data scientists and business stakeholders.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.