We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers based in New York.
We are seeking a Data Scientist or Senior Data Scientist to join our Product Insights team, focusing on the development of our Machine Learning driven experiences and advertiser outcomes. You will help develop innovative solutions around the core problem of getting the right ad to the right user at the right time, while embodying Spotify’s values and taking our users’ best interest at heart.
What you’ll do
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive ML driven product decisions
- Design and conduct A/B tests to drive iterative improvement to both user and advertiser metrics through efficient experimentation
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of ML engineers, user researchers, product owners and designers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Build lasting solutions to surface critical data and performance metrics
- Help us develop our knowledge and practice around the development and evaluation ML driven products
- Develop individually to continue to grow your impact, and help mentor peers
Who you are:
- You have at least 4+years of experience in a similar data science role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Ideally you have experience working in an analytics role working with ML functions and have conducted A/B tests, defined metrics and delivered exploratory analysis
- You have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics:
- Coding skills for analytics and data extraction (SQL, R, Python, Pandas)
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, D3, ggplot, Looker)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Strong understanding of statistics and machine learning
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music