Spotify is looking for a Data Scientist to join the SDK tribe, that sits within our Experience mission. We create and maintain the technical products powering all of Spotify’s ubiquity platforms and partner products from TV, speakers, web, car and other emerging surfaces, enabling the Spotify experience our users love to be available wherever they choose to be and however they choose to engage.
As part of our instrumentation, we have available huge quantities of data related to our users’ experiences, from huge aggregate trends right down to individual device interactions.
Your role is to work with the SDK product team and other data scientist/product insight folks to study how our platform is used to achieve our overall business and organisational goals, study user behaviour, evaluate strategic initiatives and surface valuable insights to our diverse stakeholder set at all levels of the org. Above all, your work will directly impact the way the world experiences music across many different products and environments.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, product managers and engineers who are passionate about our consumer experience across platforms and partners
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights on user behaviour and stakeholder needs
- Communicate data-driven insights, working with the product team to build strong narratives and direct org-wide investments
- Work from our offices in Stockholm
Who you are
- You have relevant experience, with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics or another quantitative discipline
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- You know how to translate business concerns into data problems and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense
- You have the competence to perform advanced analytics:
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Coding skills (such as Python, R, or Scala)
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, SQL, or Hadoop)
- Experience with statistical modelling (such as regression modelling, a/b testing, significance testing etc)
- Cloud platform familiarity and competency (GCP and/or AWS)
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.