We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Royalty reporting team.
Our mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights, and get a deep understanding of the world of music and listeners. Together with us you will be implementing deals and ensuring that rightsholders get the correct data on time. You also will actively work with and promote data-driven decision making on all levels.
What You’ll Do
- Understand and solve not always well-defined problems and come up with relevant answers to guide our business decisions
- Work with large datasets and automate processes and develop a deep understanding of the Spotify ecosystem
- Maintain and develop Royalty processes and systems as well as implementing deals and ensuring that rightsholders get correct data in time
- Work closely with a team of analysts and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
Who You Are
- You have relevant experience from working with analysis and/or reporting at a consumer-oriented company in the digital space
- You have a degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or another quantitative discipline
- You have a passion for numbers, statistics combined with a strong business and financial acumen as well as interest/experience in data infrastructure and system architecture.
- You have high understanding of end-to-end data flow and business logic
- You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala), experience with analytics tools (Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, Hadoop, or Excel) and experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modeling, a/b testing, significance testing)
- It is meriting if you have previous experience working with Recording or Publishing rights, but not mandatory.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.