The Premium Analytics team is part of the business strategy team for the Spotify subscription product. You’ll be an essential partner in guiding the growth and direction of Spotify Premium as we expand across the globe. At your fingertips you’ll have access to petabytes of data, and will get the opportunity to be creative with how you drive insights and strategies from that. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
You will work with an international team of world-class analysts, data scientists, business managers, marketers and engineers. We are all passionate about what we do, and move forward with high impact projects at a high pace. Learning and improving is part of our daily routine, and you will be free to develop your own skills and ways of working.
What you’ll do
- Serve as the primary data and analytics partner to the Premium Retention team and help them discover new opportunities.
- Create and communicate actionable marketing and product recommendations that improve Spotify’s ability to retain Premium subscribers.
- Work with regional teams in our 70+ markets worldwide to diagnose the causes of changes in user retention.
- Build statistical models and conduct analysis that explain why users decide to cancel subscriptions.
- Design and execute comprehensive tests, making sure that we monitor all relevant metrics and ensure that we’re learning at every step along the way.
Who are you
- You are intellectually curious, creative, and diligent…you enjoy thinking about the business strategy as much as the data.
- Have professional experience with analysis involving user segmentation, user churn and LTV modeling, testing & experimentation, and/or marketing optimization.
- You have 4+ years of hands-on experience synthesizing insights from data using tools such as Python, SQL, R. Experience with distributed systems (Redshift, Hadoop, BigQuery) a plus.
- You have studied Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or a relevant field.