We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join the Premium Conversion Product Insights team. The Premium Insights team consists of 15+ highly motivated and extremely friendly individuals, specialising in both Data Science and User Research, leveraging their skills to build a holistic understanding of our Premium users.
As part of our team you will study user behaviour, strategic initiatives, markets, content, new features, and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will impact how we think about our users, and our ability to identify and satisfy our users’ needs, in compelling product and service offerings.
This is a highly impactful role where you and the rest of the team will be able to directly impact how our Premium products are experienced, packaged, and sold around the world.
What you’ll do
- Perform analyses on data sets to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the user funnel – such as acquisition, activation, and retention
- Work on larger user understanding projects to understand and recommend our next direction to determine excellent user experience
- Work on end-to-end projects to ensure your findings are executed and tested in the desired way
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product owners, engineers, marketers, designers, user researchers, and others across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Based in our New York office but may require travelling to our
Who you are
- You have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics
- Coding skills (such as Python, R or similar)
- Analytics tools experience (such as SQL, Pandas, R, Spark or similar)
- Data visualisation tools (such as Tableau, Qlik Sense, matplotlib, ggplot2 or similar)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You have experience designing, monitoring and analyzing A/B tests or other methods of causal inference
- You are a self-driven person who’s capable of tackling loosely defined problems
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You’re capable of mentoring more junior data scientists to set them up for success
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity