As Spotify Premium swells to over 80M subscribers around the globe, we are looking for new ways to continue to grow our subscription business through leveraging our unique relationships with artists and labels. You would be joining Spotify on the Premium Analytics team, a core business strategy and insights team, as the first data scientist devoted to content strategy. In this unique position, your work would be essential in shaping how Spotify is able to grow through through innovative content initiatives, new product offerings and artist marketing efforts. You will see first hand how your work translates into new strategies, products and consumer experiences as we enter a new phase in Spotify Premium’s life.You will work with a global team of world-class analysts, data scientists, business managers, marketers and engineers. We are all passionate about what we do, and move forward with high impact projects at a high pace. Learning and improving is part of our daily routine, and you will be free to develop your own skills and ways of working. At your fingertips you’ll have access to petabytes of data, and will get the opportunity to be creative with how you drive insights and strategies from that. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
• Develop data driven strategies to drive the growth of Spotify subscribers through innovative content initiatives, new product offerings and artist marketing efforts. • Create and communicate actionable recommendations that improve our in-app targeting, user messaging, and channel optimization. • Build statistical models and analysis that explain user acquisition and engagement for marketing and product developments.
• Work closely with business stakeholders to understand the change they are driving and help them discover new opportunities for growth.
• Scope and design comprehensive tests, making sure that we’re learning at every step along the way.
Who are you
• You are intellectually curious, creative, and diligent…you enjoy thinking about business and product strategy as much as data.
• Have professional experience with data science techniques such as advanced regression analysis, segmentation, user churn and LTV modeling, testing & experimentation, and/or optimization.
• You have 1-3 years of hands-on experience synthesizing insights from data using tools such as Python, SQL, R. Experience with distributed systems (Redshift, Hadoop, BigQuery) a plus.
• You have studied Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or a relevant field.