We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the DNA tribe. Our organisation is responsible for key metrics, insights and data and safeguarding these from any form of pollution be it undesired behaviours stemming from fraud or bugs introduced at our event collection layers. Our mission is to turn billions of data points into signals and insights that powers key product and business decisions.
You will study user behavior, support new product and feature decisions, understand our strategic initiatives and bring data and insights into high impact business collaborations. Above all, you will play a pivotal role in
- evolving our key metrics, insights and dataset products,
- building out our fraud platform and suite of related products,
- research how advanced data science techniques and machine learning can enable and empower our mission.
This role will be based in Stockholm and will provide an opportunity for close collaboration with New York colleagues.
What you will do
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to help automate, optimise and understand key business problems and solutions
- Research, design, develop and evaluate highly innovative predictive models to understand the impact of specific behaviors, trends and patterns
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data and backend engineers, analysts, user researchers, product managers and designers
- Build and analyze dashboards, reports to empower operational and exploratory data analysis
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key stakeholders, engineering and product partners
Who you are
- An MS/PhD in CS, Machine Learning, Operational research, Statistics or in a highly quantitative field. PhD strong plus.
- 3 years of work experience in predictive modeling and data analysis
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, a strong interest in statistics and research, and an experienced and mature business sense.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Coding skills for analytics and data manipulation (SQL, R, Python, Pandas, Scala)
- Strong communication and data presentation skills (such as Tableau, Qlik, D3, ggplot)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets in a cloud based-environment, preferably with an understanding of Google’s Cloud Platform
- Experience training and tuning statistical and machine learning models with libraries/frameworks such as sci-kit learn, tensorflow, pytorch or similar
- Familiarity with experimentation and A/B testing
- You are capable of tackling very loosely defined problems and thrive when working on a team which has autonomy in their day to day decisions.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and multiple stakeholders, and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- Ideally you have experience working at a large scale, global consumer product company, in a product analytics or insights role.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.