We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the band and help drive a data-first culture across Spotify. As a Marketing Data Scientist, your mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights that help plan, measure, and optimize performance across our always-on marketing channels.
What You’ll Do:
- Leverage first- and third-party data to help plan, measure, and optimize marketing performance across multiple channels by monitoring its impact on core business and brand KPIs such as consideration, monthly active usage, subscriber LTV and retention.
- Dig deep into terabytes of event-level data to make recommendations on how to improve marketing performance.
- Communicate findings to stakeholders across multiple teams, up to the VP level.
Who You Are:
- You have the core skills required to access and analyze Spotify’s user data via BigQuery, including SQL and Python or R.
- Advanced understanding of statistics, including experience with statistical analysis using Excel, R or comparable packages.
- You have experience with AB testing, and can quickly interpret and distill AB test results.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- You combine a deep understanding of digital/mobile marketing strategies with the tools required to measure them, across email, search, display, and paid social media channels.
- You are inherently curious and go above and beyond if you find data taking you in interesting and/or unexpected places.
- You have strong knowledge of the digital marketing ecosystem as well as campaign measurement tactics and metrics (impressions, CTR, GRPs, etc.).
- You have experience with Digital Attribution and understand the differences between attribution systems (last interaction, rule-based, fractional)
- Knowledge of web, mobile and social measurement tools like DoubleClick Campaign Manager, Facebook Insights, Adjust, MParticle.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau is a plus.
- Familiarity with media mix / econometric modeling is a plus.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.