Spotify is seeking a Data Scientist to work alongside the Premium Marketing team to gain a better understanding of marketing’s business impact and to acquire key learnings to improve marketing strategy. The role reports into the Marketing Analytics team lead and there will be significant cross-functional collaboration. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage Spotify’s world-class user data infrastructure and collaborate with a global community of 100+ data analysts.
What You’ll Do
- Lead strategic marketing experimentation initiatives; design test plans, obtain cross-functional alignment, execute robust analysis, and deliver actionable insights
- Apply marketing experimentation learnings to day-to-day campaign measurement and reporting; forecast impact and provide ongoing recommendations for optimization and efficiency
- Ensure campaign tracking is correctly implemented, advising marketing partners on campaign set-up and serving as a subject matter expert in marketing attribution
- Create and continually improve scalable forecasting approaches to predict marketing’s impact on key business KPIs
- Be a strategic partner to marketing stakeholders, connecting analysis to key decisions that will drive business growth and advocating for swift action
- Collaborate with sister analytics teams at Spotify to leverage shared platforms, best practices, insights and innovations
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing analytics or business intelligence (focused in analytics) with a proven track record of delivering performance results required
- Strong analytical skills, including data querying, statistics, predictive modeling, and experimental design required
- Strong understanding of digital media strategies (i.e. Display, Search, Social) and respective attribution methodologies; Performance marketing experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in delivering impactful insights to business stakeholders required
- Have deep statistical knowledge, utilizing in A/B testing, analyzing observational data, and modeling
- You are an expert in taking vague questions and crystalizing them into impactful experiments, statistical analysis or business models
- Strong SQL skills and advanced language expertise, like R or Python, required
- Strong data visualization skills (e.g. Tableau) required
- Strong presentation skills (e.g. PowerPoint) required
We believe that everyone should enjoy their job, so we live by a work hard, play hard ethos. Spotify is a positive, fun, high-energy work environment that you’ve always wanted to be part of!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.