We are looking for Data Scientist Interns to #JoinTheBand and help drive a data-first culture across Spotify. Our Data Scientist mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of music and listeners so we can impact the strategy and direction of Spotify. You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, markets, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do:
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the business
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product owners, marketers, designers, and others across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s success
Who you are:
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a bootcamp certificate in Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- You have harbor a passion for numbers and the use of data to make decisions
- You have have technical competence to perform more analytics in one or more of the following areas:
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL, or Hadoop)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
The Intern Gig
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is December 15th, 2017 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late December, 2017 – Mid January, 2018: Application Review
- Late January, 2018 – March, 2018: Interviews
- February, 2018 – April, 2018: Offers given out
- June, 2018: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.