Understanding our users and the health of our free business is central to meeting Spotify’s mission to unlock the potential of human creativity — by giving creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it. Data Scientists at Spotify turn terabytes of data into insights to influence strategic direction and drive client outcomes that directly enables us as a business to achieve this mission.
Painting an accurate picture of the Spotify user is an important step towards this goal. We use this information to help connect our free users to brands, to support senior decision makers with company-wide strategies and help our marketing team understand our users using their own behavior on Spotify.
What you’ll do
Working within a team of data scientists and engineers — and partnering with other technical and non-technical stakeholders across the globe — you’ll be responsible for producing insights and modeling user behavior to support the ads business by providing insights on topics ranging from user behavior to monetization research. Above all, you will be at the nexus of data science and business at one of the most innovative companies in the world.
- You will leverage Spotify’s data to help our free business team understand our users and use statistical methods to paint an accurate picture of their behavior on our platform and present them to decision makers across the company and specifically within the global ad sales team.
- To maximize our impact at a data first company, you will build and maintain data pipelines in our cloud infrastructure and help surface this information directly to the company through dashboards, visualizations and blog posts.
- You will conduct research into various aspects of business and employ statistical and modeling techniques when appropriate to come up with recommendations for non-technical stakeholders.
- You will be part of a team of data scientists and engineers focusing on industry best practices with dedicate time to learn and grow your skills in various disciplines including statistics, modeling, data engineering and ML.
Who you are
- You have 2-4 years of experience as a practicing data scientist or data/analytics engineer.
- You are confident in accessing and manipulating terabytes of data using SQL and programming languages like Python and/or R.
- You have a basic understanding of different statistical and modeling methods, how they work and where they are best leveraged.
- You have experience presenting complex analytical topics and findings to non-technical stakeholders.
- Working understanding of distributed databases and data engineering platforms like Dataflow, Spark or similar is a plus.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.