We seek an extraordinary Data Scientist to join our Technology Platform Insights team in New York. You will develop data insights for our infrastructure platform, helping us to understand what empowers developers at Spotify – which tools and capabilities we should invest more or less in, as we build out the next generation of infrastructure. Our team’s mission is to provide competitive advantages to engineers at Spotify, and world-class insights are a critical part in us achieving our north star goals. Your models and analysis will shift engineering investments across the organization, and you will be at the nexus of data science and technology at one of the most creative companies in the world.
In addition to possessing a solid technical background, you a natural communicator who is able to explain complex statistical frameworks to business and engineering teams. We also value if you have worked in your past as a developer. Accompanying this broad set of responsibilities is exposure to many disciplines, as well as senior management, across Spotify.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll build solutions that help to visualize and gamify engineering excellence.
- You’ll own and develop scalable solutions for understanding what drives engineering productivity.
- You’ll work with engineering teams across multiple product areas to design and implement success metrics.
- You’ll collaborate with user research to help figure out key areas for technology investment.
- You’ll support leadership with research on key business initiatives and challenges.
What you bring:
- You have a degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field.
- You’ve worked as a Data Scientist analyzing complex data with SQL, Python, and/or R.
- If you’ve knowledge of Google BigQuery and visualization tools (like Tableau or Qlik Sense) that’s a plus.
- You are comfortable navigating complex and fluid organizational structures within a dynamic and global company. You will need to build and maintain multi-functional relationships spanning across teams and geographies.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply, and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.