We seek an outstanding Data Scientist to join our team in Mumbai. This individual will be responsible for working closely with local business operations teams and global analytics teams to drive strategic decision-making. You will study user behavior, market dynamics, and content strategies, providing data and insights that will influence strategic direction on areas such as Growth, Retention, Ad business, Content Business, Premium, Market Competitiveness, and overall Business Intelligence. Above all, you will be at the nexus of data science and business at one of the most innovative companies in the world.
In addition to possessing strong technical background of his/her own, the ideal candidate will be a natural communicator who is able to explain complex statistical frameworks to non-technical stakeholders. Accompanying this broad set of responsibilities is exposure to many departments, as well as senior management, at Spotify.
THE MISSION SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU TO ACCEPT IT
- Productize day-to-day analytics (by building dashboards) and insights support for operations in the Indian market.
- Develop a robust body of knowledge around the Indian market to proactively address business questions and drive strategy.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product owners, marketers, designers, and others across the company.
- Support the market leadership team with research on key business initiatives and challenges.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET AN AUDITION
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field.
- 5 years of experience, in a consumer internet environment preferred
- Exposure to a matrix organizational structure is great to have
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Extensive experience manipulating and analyzing complex data with SQL, Python and/or R. Knowledge of Google BigQuery and Java/Scala is a plus.
- Familiarity with big data processing frameworks like Hadoop or Spark is a plus.
- Comfort operating independently in a fast-paced work environment.