We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Spotify product Insights team in New York City. As part of the Growth Opportunities department, you will lead insights for a new team focused on Strategic Initiatives. Our mission is to find new user growth through a combination of product innovation and marketing strategy.
Our team collaborates with Marketing to help more people discover the value of Spotify through engaging, differentiated experiences. Focus will be on delivering engaging experiences for key high-value strategic initiatives (Wrapped, Spotify for driving, etc.) and facilitating & enhancing Marketing’s ability to engage with new audiences in new ways.
You will lead experimentation and analytics for the team, driving improvements in user acquisition, engagement and long-term growth by measuring and optimizing new channels, platforms and strategic marketing initiatives. We are looking for a data science leader to help the team identify key product and marketing levers for user growth and systematically test, optimize, and establish value for each.
As a Data Scientist, your mission is to turn our 200 petabytes of data into insights and gain a deep understanding of music and listeners to impact the strategy and direction of Spotify. You will study user behavior, marketing strategies, markets, content, new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will impact how we think about user growth and how we can make Spotify available and accessible for more people in the world.
What you’ll do
- Own insights for the Strategic Initiatives team inside the Growth Opportunities department in NY
- Define and drive overall vision, strategy and metrics for your team and galvanize stakeholders to follow you
- Set a strategic framework to identify opportunities to advance marketing experiences in driving user growth, in close partnership with stakeholders
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive Spotify’s strategy across the user funnel
- Work as part of a cross-functional team of product, tech, design and user research that aims to propel Spotify’s user growth by fostering a culture of impact and performance
- Drive end to end execution from test design, experiment execution, to analysis and insights that inform iterative product development
- Establish and maintain a culture of rigor and data curiosity to drive tangible business impact
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or computational field (focus on causal inference / experimentation / scaled measurement preferred)
- 5+ years experience with mixed data skill sets and approaches (analytics, analytic tools, and data science); experience with rapid product development for a consumer facing tech company preferred
- Coding skills (such as Python) and analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, SQL or R)
- 3+ years experience operating within a high-performing data science or analytics team
- Capacity and passion to translate business objectives into actionable analyses, and analytic results into business and product recommendations
- Experience with international markets, growth marketing, web platforms or content marketing a plus
- You are a highly motivated and flexible individual with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and drive projects to successful and timely delivery.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and are able to execute with autonomy.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.